Project Coordinator, Portulans Institute
The Portulans Institute (PI) is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan think tank based in Washington DC. Founded in 2019, PI aims to develop cross-community knowledge and dialogue on how people, technology and innovation contribute to sustainable and innovative growth, and inform policy-makers by producing independent, rigorous metrics and data based research. PI also collaborates with private sector leaders to drive a business agenda that invests in people, technology and innovation for a prosperous and common future. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Project Coordinator to join our team!
As a Project Coordinator, you will assist in the organization and management of projects in collaboration with our international networks of partners (Corporate Network, Affiliate Network, Academic Network) as well as engaging with policy developments and research. This position is approximately 80% project management and 20% research.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience.
Location: Remote for the foreseeable future.
Status: Position is Full-time or Part-time.
Reports to: Leadership team.
- Project Management: Managing projects across the entire project cycle, including identifying partnership opportunities, designating project resources, preparing budgets, monitoring progress, coordinating stakeholder communication, and reporting back to the Leadership team on a weekly basis.
- Research: Assisting with long-term research projects relating to digital readiness, innovation policy and digital transformation ( i.e., collecting relevant data from our indices, preparing literature reviews and research summaries) where needed.
- Policy: Monitoring new data and technological developments as they arise.
- Providing support for the Leadership team and Associates where necessary.
- Performing other relevant duties as requested.
- U.S. Work permit required for U.S. based candidates. Candidates from foreign locations are also encouraged to apply.
- Master’s student or PhD Candidate or recent graduate in Business Administration, Policy Analysis and Management, Economics, Public Administration, or related fields.
- Prior experience with project management, across the entire project cycle.
- Experienced in stakeholder and partnership management, with the ability to balance various stakeholder needs and requirements.
- Experienced in agile workflows, with the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Research experience in one or more of PI’s focus areas (Innovation Policy, Technology Policy, Digital Transformation, and Global Talent)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Highly motivated, collaborative and flexible team player.
- Experience in data analytics is a plus.
As a Project Coordinator, you will gain exposure to a global network of thought leaders from
government, international organizations, the private sector, civil society and academia. This position provides the opportunity to use various methodologies and theories of practice and apply your project management, research, and policy skills to work being shared across a cross-cultural community of partners.
Closing Date: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and will be reviewed until July 22, 2022.
Please email your CV, a short cover letter (300 words) and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Coordinator Application [last name]”. In your cover letter, please include information about your availability and starting date. We will be in touch if your skills, experiences and motivations are a match for PI!
The post We are hiring: Project Coordinator appeared first on Portulans Institute.