In Spring 2016 NoC’s Hangout series will take place. The NoC Hangout series is an opportunity for NoC members to participate in monthly learning calls led by the NoC researchers for the purpose of sharing, discussing, and collaborating on issues of common interest. Each learning call will feature a different research topic members of the NoC are currently working on. Hangout leaders will briefly introduce a topic of interest and facilitate a conversation with other NoC members. We anticipate the Hangouts will serve as an opportunity for knowledge exchange, help participants brainstorm around new areas of inquiry and exploration, and foster connections and collaboration within the NoC community.
Our first three upcoming calls will focus on issues of multistakeholder models, Internet bill of rights efforts across countries, and the Digital Asia Hub. Please save the following dates and times in your calendars for the Hangouts:
- Hangout on Multistakeholder Research (March 22nd, 8:45-10:00am EST)
- Leads: Ryan Budish, Berkman Center for Internet & Society; Juliana Nolasco, ITS Rio.
- Hangout on Bill of Rights - Italian Declaration, Marco Civil, other related efforts (April 19th, 8:45-10:00am EST)
- Leads: Ronaldo Lemos and Fabro Steibel, ITS Rio; Juan Carlos de Martin, Nexa Center for Internet & Society.
- Hangout on Digital Asia Hub (May 24th, 8:45-10:00am EST)
- Leads: Malavika Jayaram, Digital Asia Hub; Urs Gasser, Berkman Center for Internet & Society.